The future starts with health
You can now directly insure a Kenyan family with better health care. As a result they no longer have to postpone a doctor’s visit due to lack of money and can continue to build their future, as healthy as possible.
Thanks to our individual supporters, in the last months:
families now have access to better care.
And for these families, this has enabled them to get treated for:
safe deliveries of babies
acute lung problems
With €30 you already pay six-month health insurance premium for a mother, father and kids.
Thanks to your support, they are immediately ensured of good basic care, such as safe deliveries, acute lung problems and good medication. In addition, the most common conditions are covered.
How much does your donation contribute to good healthcare:
|€ 10,-||2 Months|
|€ 30,-||6 Months|
|€ 60,-||1 Full Year|
How does it work and how much of my donation actually ends up with the families in Kenya?
What happens to my contribution?
To activate the insurance of a beneficiary in Kenya from your mobile or computer and to pay the premium with your contribution, several steps are needed:
1. You transfer money to HealthConnect, for the benefit of the GivingtheFuture campaign.
2. As soon as the payment has been confirmed, HealthConnect will immediately digitally activate the insurance in Kenya.
3. HealthConnect collects all payments in the Netherlands.
4. In Kenya, HealthConnect (in collaboration with the PharmAccess Foundation) has an account to advance the premiums.
5. Once a month the annual premiums will be transferred from this Kenyan account to the insurer in Kenya for all people who have been supported in a month.
6. The collected payments in the Netherlands are sent to Kenya once a quarter to keep bank costs low.
7. The patient can receive care conformation / insurance certificate directly via the telephone.
8. The clinic is paid by the insurer.
How do you find the families in question?
There are a number of participating clinics in informal settlements on the programme that are connected to the M-Tiba (mobile phone) platform. Participants are registered on M-Tiba, based on disposable income and invited to participate in the donor programme.
Can I choose the person I donate to?
No, the person is selected randomly from the eligible participants database of HealthConnect.