Help build a healthy future, and see who you support!
Everybody wants the future to be better, happier and healthier. And with new technology, making a personal contribution towards sustainable health is easier than ever. Starting from € 10 you immediately support a mother and her children.
100% direct. 100% transparent.
Small steps. Huge impact.
We believe in a new way of giving: direct, personal and transparent.
Thanks to the innovative HealthConnect technology, we can now skip unnecesarry intermediate steps. No more anonymous donations, but direct one-to-one help to women and children who really need it.
How it works
Thanks to the HealthConnect technology you can see exactly which mother receives insure for her family. Your entire donation directly activates her mobile healthcare wallet that she can only use for medical costs.
100% transparent. 100% effective.
The impact of your donation
Access to healthcare is a key priority in any thorough approach to sustainability. By insuring a Kenyan mother with her family of good basic care, such as safe deliveries and proper medication for common disorders, she no longer has to postpone doctor’s visits due to lack of money. This allows her to quickly return to work and continue to build a future as healthy as possible.
Through earlier campaigns, HealthConnect has already insured:
families for better health care
Wednesday, October 31, 2018 - 11:18
In Kenya, it's often the mothers who work to support their family. By insuring them of better health care through their mobile phones, the chances increase that they can keep working. Now, in case of illness or an accident, they can visit a doctor in time and quickly get back to work.
What happens to my contribution?
To activate the insurance of a beneficiary in Kenya from your mobile or computer and to pay the premium with your contribution, several steps are needed:
1. You transfer money to HealthConnect, for the benefit of the GivingtheFuture campaign.
2. As soon as the payment has been confirmed, HealthConnect will immediately digitally activate the insurance in Kenya.
3. HealthConnect collects all payments in the Netherlands.
4. In Kenya, HealthConnect (in collaboration with the PharmAccess Foundation) has an account to advance the premiums.
5. Once a month the annual premiums will be transferred from this Kenyan account to the insurer in Kenya for all people who have been supported in a month.
6. The collected payments in the Netherlands are sent to Kenya once a quarter to keep bank costs low.
7. The patient can receive care conformation / insurance certificate directly via the telephone.
8. The clinic is paid by the insurer.
Why are the giving amounts set at 10, 30 and 60 Euro?
The premium of a regular basic health insurance varies by salary (the less you earn the less you pay for cover), however for many, even the regular premium is unaffordable. For the “informal purchase of insurance” sector in Kenya, the annual premium is set at Ksh. 6000. Including registration and transaction costs, this translates to 60 Euro per year for a household including mother, father and dependent children. Supporters can choose to give the equivalent of 1 year (60 Euro), 6 months (30 Euro) or two months (10 Euro).
How do you find the families in question?
There are a number of participating clinics in informal settlements on the programme that are connected to the M-Tiba (mobile phone) platform. Participants are registered on M-Tiba, based on disposable income and invited to participate in the donor programme.